Green Stormwater Infrastructure Mini Grants
The Problem/Barrier: We understand that for homeowners, investing in green stormwater infrastructure can be time consuming and costly, creating a barrier for would-be participants. Our goal is to work across the system, giving people the connections, tools, resources, and knowledge needed to care for our land and water.
The Solution: Green Stormwater Infrastructure Mini Grants provide up to $1,500 for homeowners within the King County Wastewater Treatment Division (WTD) service area that are not eligible for other incentive programs. If you are ready to invest in green infrastructure on your property, we are here to help by walking you through the process and providing a financial tool.
Approved green infrastructure types include:
- Rain gardens
- Depave projects
- Green roofs
Verify that your within the King County Wastewater Treatment Division using this service area map¬†(service area outlined by gray line). Please contact us if you are unable to verify your address using the provided map.¬†
Steps to Apply:
- Complete GSI Mini Grant Application including: Application and Agreement form, award calculation,¬†project budget, site sketch and expense receipts
- Complete Applicable GSI Mini Grant Project Worksheets (one per project, located in Application form)
- Provide documentation of ownership of property in question (property tax form or printout from county records website)
- Provide proof of project installation (registration at soundimpacts.org¬†(coming soon)¬†or project sketch and picture)
- Complete GSI Mini Grant Checklist to ensure all steps have been followed
Green Stormwater Infrastructure Mini Grant will cover:
- Not more than $1,500
- Not every project will be funded equally, grant amounts correlate to the projects projected environmental and community benefits
Questions? Contact Stewardship Partners: firstname.lastname@example.org; 206-292-9875
This project is funded by the King County Wastewater Treatment Division.